Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cinetrek 02 - U.K & U.S. Bar Culture

Knowing that I was coming to London for the summer, I knew that I was going to head into many different pubs among the town.  But from what I experienced in the US bar compared to a UK bar, it is a totally different atmosphere. From a personal experience, I know that in a US bar people will usually go there to get pissed drunk, dance with a few people and try to find someone to hook up with for the night.  But in the UK, I see that going to a pub is more of a common social culture.   

The bars that I have been to in the US, people will usually stick to whoever is around them and not really socialize with anyone.  Also in the US bars, you don't see a lot of variety of age groups in there.  But what really caught my eye at Pembroke Pub was that the pub we went to allowed a few dogs in their location and they also represented their team colors!

Through my eyes, It seems that the UK pub has a sense of a family community.  Although you didn't know the person next to you, you had a common connection with them because for the love of the team that was represented in front of you or just because you wanted to wind down from a long day at work. 





Pimms at The Pembroke Pub

No comments:

Post a Comment