Saturday, May 26, 2018

Crystalline Energy: The Healing Powers of Amethyst and Wulfenite

The National History Museum
Throughout the Natural History Museum of London, there are a multitude of exhibits centered on nature and science. The grand space of the museum sparked my curiosity and forced me to explore each floor with a distinct focus on finding an exhibit that resonated with me. The exhibition that stood out the most to me was the exhibit that contained a plethora of crystals and minerals. The two most intriguing crystals were those of Amethyst and Wulfenite. Both crystals have specific healing properties, which help generate positive energy. Prior to purveying the exhibit, I knew about some of the healing powers of Amethyst because it is my birth stone for the month of February. However, Wulfenite was a new crystal and sparked my interest due to the sheer beauty of its crystalline figure. Amethyst is known for having the ability to stimulate certain emotions, as well as soothe the mind. I have an Amethyst crystal in my room and use it to help me focus and manage my stress. It is a remarkable stone that resembles spirituality and aids in allowing the mind to enter a meditative state. Meditating in the presence of Amethyst allows me to keep a clear mind, whilst detaching from negative emotions.

Amethyst Crystals
Amethyst is known to exude the energy of fire and passion, creativity and spirituality, yet bears the logic of temperance and sobriety. It is the stone of St. Valentine which represents faithful love. This stone resonates with me because it is a conduit in helping me explain my character. I have a passion for the hobbies I love yet struggle with expressing my emotions. We are all creative beings who express ourselves through different mediums. Amethyst plays a big part in my life and helps me through challenging times of self-conflict.

Wulfenite Crystalline Figure

After analyzing the Amethyst, I stumbled upon the "Butterscotch Crystals" which were shining with sweet magnificence. The crystalline figure is an intricate combination of Wulfenite and originated from the Glove Mine in Arizona. Many of the crystalline figures were melted down because of the ore found within them. Despite the initial attraction to the crystal's beauty, the healing properties are what intrigued me. Wulfenite is known for allowing an individual to accept the less positive aspects of life. This is rather important to my life because I struggle with coming to terms with negative emotions and tend to hold in certain emotions. While Amethyst helps me manage my negative emotions, Wulfenite can help me face my negative emotions and express my natural emotions. Meditating with Wulfenite allows an individual to easily move across physical planes and enhance the spirituality of one's self. My discovery of the crystalline exhibit has inspired me to research further into other crystals and minerals that can assist with meditation. The healing powers of crystals is beneficial in accessing our personal psyche and reflecting on our own character. Energy Muse is the use of crystals to release any physical, mental, and spiritual blockages in the body. The crystals aid in balancing the body and facilitating the free flow of energy throughout an individual's body. The discovery of the crystal exhibition has inspired me to research further into the healing energies of other crystals and finding different ways of meditation.







No comments:

Post a Comment